Monday, September 1, 2008

Honey, Stick to Your Day Job.....

Hey, everybody, just got back today from a very productive weekend at Trisha's house. I had not been there for a while and we both figured it was time to have another playdate. I don't know what it is about her house, but I always manage to get a whack done there. You'll see that stuff soon enough.

We had a great time and I was so excited to meet up with Anam, Fay and the brand new baby Lily! It was a great visit and a good story too, but I'll save that for another day.

Why? Because I have been meaning to get on here and tell you this.

So, the other night, Hubby walks into the room doing his best (worst) Sears catalog pose. Only thing is, if Sears allowed this man to pose this way in their catalog they would be filing for bankruptcy.

But anyways, he drops a bombshell.

"I am taking up a new career. I am now a male model."

Ummmhmmmm........OK. So, what brought on this career change?
Were you discovered by Ford Modelling Agency at the Swift Current Tim Horton's gingerly sipping your French Vanilla cappacino while batting your eyelashes in a semi-seductive manner? Like, can you elaborate?

So, he sits down on the couch and pretends to flick his imaginary frock of hair. And please keep in mind, this man is as far away as you can get from metrosexuality, so he ain't carrying this little act off very well. And frock of hair, you have not.

He says, "Yeah, when I was working, my boss called me and told me that I have to pose for some promotional shots, for the company of moi, working on a rig, in all my glory."

Oh really now. After all of that, you'd swear the man was gonna be on the cover of Vogue.

My dear, I love you dearly and I think you are handsome and charming, but I made a card for this occasion..........



Please. Get help.

Alright. Alright. No really I am proud of you. Just like me, I get excited to get a scrapbook page in a magazine and Andy Warhol has declared you are allowed 15 minutes of fame. Enjoy it.

And especially for my hubby, I have included a little ditty I think you are all familiar with. Please, I insist. Enjoy.



3 comments:

Nathalie Kalbach said...

Lol too funny!!!

Ohhh you met Anam- that is so cool! I wish!

Trisha Ladouceur said...

LOL!!! Loved hanging with you chickadita! Glad that we both got some fun stuff finished up this weekend and I am looking forward to doing it again soon:)

Anonymous said...

ROFL...that is waaay funny!