Sunday, January 6, 2008

Told You I Was Busy........

I don't know what it is with Hubby and ice fishing with me. I come home from work and there he stands at the sink with at least a couple of fish. Brags to no end how many fish were there. So, the time comes that I go out to that same spot and not one fish to be found.

Nothing. Nada. Skunked.

Oh well, at least someone in the house is catching them!

Friday night we decided to try a new recipie with the whitefish we caught and holah! Delish! We found the little gem in the pages of Outdoor Canada.


Whitefish Florentine
Serves 4.

1 lb. spinach
1/2 tsp. sugar
2 tbsp. butter
2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
1 1/4cups milk
3/4 cup mushrooms, thinly sliced
3/4 cup grated Swiss cheese
2 tbsp. chopped parsley
Salt and pepper, to taste
1/2 to 3/4 tbsp. nutmeg
1 lb. whitefish fillets


Wash spinach thoroughly and pack into a saucepan. Sprinkle with sugar, cover and cook over medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes. Lift lid and cook for an additional 2 minutes. Drain and spread spinach on the bottom of a greased 1½-quart casserole dish. Set aside. Next, in same saucepan melt butter, stir in flour and cook over low heat for 1 minute. Add milk and stir to blend; cook until slightly thickened. Add mushrooms, cheese, parsley, salt, pepper and nutmeg. Stir until cheese is melted. Next, spread fillets over spinach and pour sauce over fish. Bake at 350ºF for 30 minutes

Anyways enough fish tales, here is something scrappy......

That wasn't the only thing I did. I created a fun little Maya Road mini album. It was so much fun to do too. And I am also willing to teach it at any local scrapbook stores or retreats too.
Chipboard Purse Album and Key: Maya Road
Patterned Paper: Daisy D’s
Flowers: Prima Marketing
Rub Ons: Hers by Urban Lily
Chipboard Letters: Center of Attention by Heidi Swapp
Buttons: Craft Supply
Metal Foil: Stix 2














Thanks for looking!

4 comments:

Nathalie Kalbach said...

gorgeous bag and minialbum!!!
Good luck to you too with the Prima DT Call! I don't think I have a chance- LOL - but you never know if you don't try, right?

Trisha Ladouceur said...

Cute book girlfriend! And I am honoured to be among one of the chosen ones...lol!

Anonymous said...

Love the album!!! Where do I sign up for the class?! Thanks for including me in there too :)

Unknown said...

Janine, this is just gorgeous!! Wow! Girl!
Good Luck with the Prima DT too. (although I don't think you need it! ;))