Friday, June 1, 2007

Parenting Gold, I Tell You... and a class debut for CSC4K

So this year, Alberta has been wet and thus we have been plagued by hoardes of mosquitos that are thirsty for every last drop of blood pulsing through your body. Seriously. Spend 5 minutes outside without bathing your body in Deet and you are toast. Mind you, Deet only seems to be doing so much too.
Now Jacob has learned the itchy truth about these horrible little beasts. Itches and welts and bein eaten alive. He's not overly fond of those darn mosquitos and is now fascinated with the thought of killing every single one that he possibly can. Good to see him make the attempt to do his part in the mass genoside of the mosquito population. Sadly, it will hardly make a dent.
Anyhow, being bitten. Nope hates it as we all do. But we learned a clever little game and for four nights in a row is has been heavenly putting him to bed. I found a piece of parenting gold.
We taught him to get away from those "skee-toes" is to go to bed, put the covers on you and shut your eyes. They can't find you that way. Really? It works that way? No kidding! I gotta tell you, I've never seen a kid go to bed so fast in my life. Not a peep not a word and off he goes to slumberland for a full evening of rest. And parental relaxation! Do try it, and I hope that it will work for you too....

And onto other things.....

So, I decided to become a volunteer for Canada's Scrapbooking Crop for Kids . I am completely excited about this ground breaking charitable event. It is being held in six cities (Vancouver, Edmonton, Winnipeg, Toronto, London and St. John) October 12 14, 2007. I am going to be working the Edmonton venue being hosted at West Edmonton Mall for 1,000 scrappers and all proceeds we raise will be given to the Stollery Children's Hospital Foundation .

It is going to be the coolest event ever! There is going to be great teachers like Creating Keepsakes 2007 Hall of Fame Kristina Contes, my friend and Pencil Lines design team member Anam Stubbington , One Little Word design team member Jessi Lute, Scrapbooks, Etc. editor in chief Melissa Inman, Basic Grey's Creative Director Kelly Goree, the fabulous Heidi Grace for Fiskars, Editor in Chief Jackie Ludlage for The Canadian Scrapbooker Magazine and me! That is just off the top of my head! Amazing line up, there are so many more to mention, however just go here for a complete list. I am utterly thrilled to be teaching alongside the best of the best.

So for the next three blog entries, I'll show you my projects that I got going on for Canada's Scrapbooking Crop for Kids.



First up........





Scrapbooking is meant to tell a story. As the one that is probably behind the camera, telling the story of others, it is important to take the time to tell the story of the storyteller. From the mundane, to symbolic, to deep thought, this class explores it all by creating a sweet little keepsake box using the technique of acetate transparancies for the most important person in your life - YOU.



- Sponsor: Serendipity Scrapbook & Gift Company












I can't Wait to do this class, it is going to be fun! Learning to alter boxes with a touch of making ATCs, working with tranparencies, painting and lots of flowers! I want this to be a project that you can refer to when you want to create a page about yourself. Yeppers, a nice little project that inspires you create some fun journaling and tell the world who you are.



So seriously, go check out the website and I hope to see you at the event in Edmonton. I think you should. Grab a group of girlfriends, and mix your love of scrapbooking with a worthy cause and throw in the World's largest shopping mall and you got yourself on fabulous weekend!!!!

No comments: