Wednesday, February 20, 2008

So, How Do I Get Started?

So last night I got this email from a friend, can you tell me how to get started doing hybrid scrapbooking? And I sat there, thinking that explaining it was going to be completely an easy thing.
Piece of cake.

Then I started writing the email. As I started typing, all of a sudden it occurred to me that I had no idea how much this person knew about their photo editing program. Then I figured fine. I'll recommend a book and prod to see how much they honestly knew about their program. And it started to occur to me that I explaining these things could take forever without visuals.

So I sat there perplexed. I knew I just couldn't pick up and visit her. Man, that would be so easy. I could give her a tour as she sat down beside me. It just wasn't feasible. I am thinking, there has got to be some place that I can direct her to that provides the basics.

And there is. Joy of joys!


Scrap In Style TV!

It is a nice little scrapbooking website that is friendly and helpful and easy to use. Every week they post a webisode for their members. This week, they go through the basics of creating your first digital page.

Perfect!

So, if you are interested in learning how to create a digital layout, go there, sign up and watch. Don't forget to stop by and say hello to me, JBeans as well!

Oh, and if you try, don't forget to tell me how you did.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Janine, that must be a crazy friend to put you through all that work!!! LOL! HUGE HUGS!!!!

Carole said...

Hey Janine - thanks alot. I already do a bit of photo editing etc and have downloaded some kits but haven't gotten to putting everything together! Lack of time right now - I am an accountant and it is tax time.................
But come May I will definitely be doing it. I will keep this address for that time. Thanks!

Julie Ann Shahin said...

I love SIS TV. Let your friend know she is always welcome at Primahybrid and Scrapbook Dimensions too!