Monday, April 7, 2008

Going Green.....

I can feel it! Spring is coming! I can wake up and actually hear the birds singing. And when I step outside, it feels different. I feel like the day is fresh. It feels good.

And speaking of green........

I gotta back up here. Remember when I told you the story of the blue room? Well, guess what folks? I repainted. I went and picked the paint.

My husband had NO INPUT whatsoever. Nada.

I decided to go in a completely different direction. No more blue. Actually, the more and more I saw this color, the more and more I liked it. It's fresh. It's tangy and it's completely energetic!
Drumroll please................................

It is called Split Pea by Benjamin Moore Paints. I think it is a color you either love or you hate.

Here it is with our floor pick. I love the combination together. Toss in some ultra white and some maple with a contemporary design and voila! I am excited.

If you checked out the Prima blog you can see that they are going green as well! We are starting to feature repurposing packaging. And stay tuned, there will be contest details regarding this as well.

They also featured one of my projects today! So, you know how you buy bulk spice and it comes in those bags? You can't really store them nicely and your spice cupboard get to be a freaking mess. Well, I did this................

And they are EXTREMELY EASY. It's sick how easy they are. You know you got some Prima Got Flowers? bottles laying around. Admit it, you do.
So.........
Add spice.
Print out spice names on white cardstock.
Use a vintage stamp. For mine I chose something Prima's Christina Renee Paris stamp set.
Cut out and ink edges and toss through a Xyron.
Done.

It is going to be a busy week ahead of me this week. I am teaching a class out in Stettler that is all about clear. Should be fun!

And just for fun, I'll leave you with this. I am playing with some cool Luxe papers and rubons. Mainly, I am just having fun. See you later!

8 comments:

scrappaleica said...

Janine, your post is 2 months too late for me.now I want to cry. I had a dozen of those bottles, saving them for something. Then on my major purge, I decided why keep collecting and recycled them! yes OMG! oh well. but that idea is FABULOUS!!!!!!

Janine Langer said...

Oh, this is acutally the same green we have in our living room and I am so in love with it! It's so warm and friendly. Yum!
Love the idea with the bottles. As soon as mine are empty I'll lift it. Thanks!

Trisha Ladouceur said...

what a GREAT idea!!! I totally need to do something with my cupboard and that idea of yours will work perfectly! Now as for the paint colour... OMG! I LOOOOOOOOOVE IT!!!! And as you know, my house needs a paint job big time! I wonder if that would work here.... hmmmmmmmmmm... you may see it here soon too:) lol!

Linda said...

I love that color and the floor choice is perfect. I think that was actually more of a teas on the rubons etc. LOL...Love what you did with the jars.

Maggie Lamarre said...

i luv what u did with the bottles very kewl:)
Maggie

Anonymous said...

Love for the green commin at ya! In fact..I LOVE Benjamin Moore paint! Just thinking about how thick it must have looked as it was poured into a tray makes me want to paint too!

The Savvy Scrapbooker said...

I see you're all over Prima's blog this week!
I love to see your projects on there.

Michelle McGee said...

Nice color, nice jars!