Sunday, April 13, 2008

Sunday Morning Mucky-Muck with Ranger Ink and a Raging Case of "Scrapbooker's Thumb"

My thumb is numb. It feels like it is perpetually asleep and has been so since Monday. You see, I was cutting a lot of chipboard and the scissors cut into the base of my thumb and really pinched a nerve. And so I was telling a fellow scrapper about my condition and she replies, "Oh, I had that. It will come back." Really? And how long? She told me it took SIX WEEKS??!!?

Time for some new scissors. But anyways.........

It has definitely been an action packed weekend! Late last night I got back from Pages In Time in Stettler after teaching a clear wall hanging class. The concept was based on the wall hanging in this post.

I have to admit that I was a wee little bit nervous getting up in front of people and teaching. I haven't done so since October at Scrapbooking Crop for Kids. But I am happy to admit that I think everything went great! A great big THANK YOU is in order. I had a great time!

And what a wonderful little store owner Katie and staff has going. All those girls are talented, helpful and friendly. The girls are very technique orientated and know the product. I have to admit they sold me on a few things and got me motivated to get my artsy-fartsy mojo going.

So, Sunday morning that is exactly what I did. I went all "mucky-muck" (that's my tearm for getting my fingers inky and playing around) with a variety of products. All I can say is I am completely in love with Ranger Ink and all their jazzy products!

So, here is what I did............................

First on the list is a great technique for what I can only describe as faux ammolite. You can find the technique on Juli's blog.

I just did mine on a test piece of acrylic and of course I managed to hit it when the gloss was drying. Go figure. But otherwise I love the results.

I also played with my Tim Holtz Grungeboard (finally!) and even did a little scraplifting from his video tutorial. So I made this little canvas. I inked. I applied crackle paint, alcohol inks, Perfect Pearls, and a gamut of other paints and such.

I really loved the heart with wings and a crown. It is adorable. Had to do it too.

For the heart, I painted, sanded, inked and then topped it all off with some Crackle Accents.

For the star, I painted it with the Crackle Paint. Once it was dry, I dusted with the Perfect Pearls. Then I applied Alcohol Ink using my applicator. I then added some more Perfect Pearls and lightly inked with black pigment ink.

See? Just farted around.

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

7 comments:

Janine Langer said...

So glad to hear that your workshop was a success!
And I love the canvas, the heart looks adorable. Have a great week!

Chantel Mernickle said...

Hey Janine... When are you up in edmonton next... we need to have a girls crop at the store... I love what you did with the technique Juli invented! Its SO fun isnt it! :) Have a good one!

Stacy said...

i had to buy some of the crackle paint this week to i had fun with it on the weekend i think i am going to play with it some more thanks for the inspo i am actually able to go edmonton tomorrow so i will let you know if i get to treasured memories i have a funeral to go to so i am hoping i can hit it the early evening tomorrow night teehee

Anam_Kihaku said...

gorgeous art stuff. glad you had a fabby time :)

you need to buy yourself the little misers and make your own glutter mist - it works awesoem with the crackle paint :)

Jules said...

Oooooh I love all your crackle stuff!

Thanks for the mention dear - it made me feel special :)

Trisha Ladouceur said...

Love it girlie!!! I am looking forward to you coming up. Let me know if it will be this weekend or next:)

We'll see if we can get the "crew" together for a night of good times!

(((hugs)))

Anonymous said...

so I found you! cool stuff you have been playing with!