Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Alrighty, now that it is December.....

I can officially get into the Christmas spirit! So what do you do to get into embrace the holidays? Of course! You put up the tree! So, that is exactly what Jake and I did while we awaited Trevor's return from hunting in Saskatchewan.

Pulling out the decorations is a nice little trip down memory lane. And I'll get to some of that, but I could have sworn I so carefully and methodically put the bell garland away with the greatest of care, so that I could easily put it up. I fully believe I am not to blame for the tangled mess it became. I blame trolls.


After 30 minutes of untangling that mess we got well under way. Pulling out sentimental treasures and placing them so carefully on the tree.



This one is my all time favorite. When I was five and my brother was still a babe, my Grandma Ruth gave us both a Hummel ornament. When I started a family of my own Mom made sure she gave it to me to put on my own tree, And every year, I was always excited to put it on the tree because it is MY ORNAMENT.


I think these ornaments are getting particularly ratty as time goes by but I really have struggled to part with them. When I was about 7 years old Mom and I made these ornaments. I have a set of about 10 each. I know that no matter what, I will be keeping one of each. I don't think I can fully part with them. I am proud of my little creations!


And now for this evening....


The family attended Jacob's very first Christmas pagaent for playschool! Jake was one of those little kids that just hung out with the crowd. He wasn't really into the singing in front of a group, but he has been doing a great job of singing those same songs to us all week long. Ha! Still didn't matter, I thought he was the star!

So, Merry Christmas!

No comments: