Thursday, December 4, 2008

Like Fall Things are Winding Down.

Hey there. 

Tonight I am sitting here in my living room and letting my mind wander. Doing that has been few and far between lately, I feel like I am always needing to do something. Actually, this evening I definitely have something to do, but I'm giving that a rest for a short while. 

I have lots of little things on my mind and the first one is how bitterly cold it is getting outside. I know that I we've been lucky here in Alberta as far as the weather is concerned, but regardless I still feel sad that the snow is setting in. On the other hand with Christmas coming up it just wouldn't seem the same with the fluffy white stuff. 

Although I do remember a time about 10 years ago that Christmas came and went and I was wearing a light sweater and no snow to be found. It was the craziest thing. I think Mother Nature was just being gracious to my family that was up visiting from California. hee hee

It was kinda funny too, as the weather set in I had a deadline that has wrapped up as well. It was a biggie and I think I did alright. In fact, I cross my fingers that it is better than alright as it was a tough thing to do. I'll let you know when it materializes, but it will be a bit from now. Think spring. 

As a little send off for fall I did a page for Prima's December Build-A-Page sketch by Miss Anam Stubbington. They are from a series of pictures I took of Jacob a couple of years ago. 

I cut up a Prima Clear Paintable and painted it with some Claudine Hellmuth Acrylic paint. 
Oh, and if you haven't bought any of this stuff, you should. Best. Paint. Ever.  
Then I accented with those lovely, glittery Ranger Stickles. 

I actually went quite Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist crazy on this page. I have a lot of fun mucky-mucking around with them. 
First cool thing, see the piece of cotton lace that is below the pictures? Yeah, the lace's original color is a soft blue. I colored it with Olive Vine Glimmer Mist.

I sprayed the leaves as well. It is hard to see but there is a nice Glimmer to them. 
And look! Love these Prima Pebbles. They are full of vintage-kitsch goodness. 

I also used the Glimmer Mists on my title. Then I accented them with the Distressed Stickles from Ranger. They are cool. I love the texture they add. The Glimmer is very muted. If you aren't much for a lot of sparkle but want to try Stickles, this is a good start. 

And now before I forget, I wanted to thank Anam, Ian, Lily and Miss Fay for the wonderful birthday party. Jake and I made a special trip to have some fun and wish little Miss Fay a Happy Birthday! We had a blast. 
 
As for this weekend I know it will be a busy one. I have to decorate the house with some Christmas cheer and want to bake some sugar cookies with the kiddo. I already got most of my shopping done, I just have easy presents and stocking stuffers to get. No, I lie, I have to get Trevor his gift too. But I don't have to leave the house to get it. Hee hee. 

So that's my story and I am sticking to it. Have a wonderful day! 






3 comments:

Zarah said...

Stunning layout! :D

Sharpshooting by Sherri said...

so not enjoying our rain this morning.

Evelien said...

hello, love your layouts, put you on my favo links.
Cheers