Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Out of comission, and now I'm back.

I know it has been a while folks but I have been one sick bird! Went camping for August long weekend and ended up with some crazy infection. Fever. Chills. Pain. Oodles of pain!


I don't know what it has been about this year, but I have managed to be sick quite a bit. I don't know what it has been, but I managed to catch whatever little bug has been swirling around. I hear about a cold, I got it. The flu? Got a nasty one this year that ravaged its way through the entire household. Whatever you do, don't get that one.

This go around the doctor didn't find what was going on, despite the dreadful feeling of pain on my right side. Blood test, xrays and not a word. Must have been something viral. No matter, I bounced back and feel great now.

So, what is a poor girl to do? Well, she is gonna scrap. What did you think she was gonna toil away on heavy duty house cleaning? That would be too much like work! I did a bit of everything too.

I made a couple of cards......





patterned paper: (cream) Basic Grey - Scarlet Letter, (arrows and red pinwheels) Scenic Route - Laurel Transparency - Hambly Screen Prints Chipboard piece: Scenic Route - Laurel Silk Flower: Prima Marketing Jewelled Circle: Heidi Swapp



patterned paper: Basic Grey - Urban Couture Transparency: Hambly Screen Prints Chipboard Piece: Scenic Route - Laurel Glitter: Making Memories

I made a digi page with a picture I have been wanting to scrap for a while now.....



Photo editing Software: Adobe Photoshop CS2
Paper and Photo Frame: Color Your World by Rhonna Farrar (www.twopeasinabucket.com)
Flower Doodle: Douceur by AmelieScrap (www.www.blogduscrap.canalblog.com)
Seasons Measure: Beyond Measure by Kate Pertiet (www.designerdigitals.com)
Paint Splatter Brush: Spazzsplatter by Hawsmont (www.hawksmont.com)
Fonts: Porcelin and Everyday Ghost (http://www.dafont.com/)

And lastly, I did a page that incorporated some stamping.



Patterned Paper: (green and Brown criss cross) Basic Grey - Urban Couture, (red & pink tripe and pink & red pattern) Basic Grey - Blush (mint green criss cross and brown) Prima Marketing Romantica, (cream graph) Scenic Route - Laurel Transparency Overlays and swirl Rubons: Hambly Screen Prints Distress Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Ranger) Chipboard Letters and Ghost Heart: Heidi Swapp Red Foil: Stix2

Now, this last one is special. First and most importantly is the story. It is about the last time I saw my grandmother before she passed away. She was suffereing from dimentia in her last days, which was hard to know, but the very last time I saw her, her mind was clear and I am thankful for that. And I had this story written for a while now, it was just a matter of time before I put it onto a page.

And it is also one that I am going to put in for a shot at the design team for the new company October Afternoon. I have been looking at their line that released at Summer CHA and I really like it. It fits my shabby side, it looks pretty darn versatile for both boys and girls (as some may know I live in a house filled with testosterone!) and those darn stamps and rub ons look darn cute!

So for this page, I did some stamping. Can you tell? In case you are stumped, it is the flowers underneath my Grandma's picture. I stamped my image on some cream cardstock and colored them in with watercolor pencil. I then cut around the image and adhered them to a piece of patterned paper. Lastly, I trimmed the edges of the stamped images and placed it on my page. My end result looks like a dimensional piece of custom patterned paper. Loved the end result!

So until next time. Take care!

1 comment:

Anam_Kihaku said...

go girl!! fabby layouts and cards - glad youa re feeling better